28 April 2022
Our contact details
Name: Melissa & Doug, LLC
Address: 10 Westport Road, Lobby A Floor 2, Wilton, Connecticut 06897, United States
Phone Number: Mon – Fri 9AM-5PM ET at (800) 718-5365
What type of information do we collect?
We currently only collect and process technical data from you, which includes your IP address [and information about the device or web page you use to interact with us.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information from you through automated technologies or interactions – as you interact with our site, we will automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies and other similar technologies.
We may use other automatic collection technologies such as web beacons, match scripts and pixel tags. These features let us collect information such as whether you visited a particular web page.
How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We collect the information set out above to help support and improve our internal business processes, functions and website. Our legal basis for doing this is that it is necessary for our legitimate business interests to keep our site up to date and relevant.
This data is not shared, traded, or sold to third parties. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us.
We share your personal data within the Melissa & Doug group. This will involve transferring your data to entities outside the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal data to entities outside of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to your personal data by.
Please contact us if you want further information on the mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data outside of the UK and the details of where your personal data is transferred.
How do we store and retain your information?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In order to comply with law and to ensure we have the necessary information required in order to resolve future issues that might arise, we retain all personal data for a minimum period of [seven] years from collection.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have the following rights:
● Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
● Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
● Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
● Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
● Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
● Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
● You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
How to complain
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of which are set out below. However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113